Saturday, February 12, 2011

Explore, dream, discover...

Hi everyone!


So it's a day before my LONG awaited trip, and I couldn't be more excited!  If you know me at all, it's pretty hard to believe that it was physically (and mentally) possible for me to pack 3 months worth of clothes, shoes, etc into 2 suitcases and a backpack, but I did it!  Shout out to Mom for pulling a Tim Gunn and making it work.  The reality of it all still hasn't hit me, but after a full day of traveling tomorrow, I will officially be on French soil!


I'm starting this blog to give my friends and family a glimpse of this unbelievable adventure.  I plan on filling it with pictures and posts of all the cool places I am going and things I am seeing!  I'm hoping that it will be an easy way to update you all on everything that's happening.


I also REALLY want to stay in touch with everyone, so email me (laurenatrani@gmail.com), Skype me (lauren.trani), Facebook me, whatever :)  


Next post will be from across the pond! AHHH!
Au revoir,
Lauren


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Lauren,
    We are so happy that you arrived safely. We know that this will be an experience that you will never forget and one that you have waited for since you were nine years old.
    We will miss you but we are thrilled for this opportunity!
    Have a wonderful time!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoolaaa. i will miss you tons lar. try to skype me some time this week. love ya girlfreeen and i know you will have fun.
    Love,
    al
    p.s. totes mmmm gotes

    ReplyDelete