Thursday, February 17, 2011

Is this real life?!

So I am FINALLY getting settled into life here à Paris.  We (the 20 some students in my program) moved into the Cité Université dorms yesterday morning after 2 nights in a hotel in the heart of the city.  It's definitely been a tiring few days here, but it has been AMAZING!  I've attached some pictures taken from the Bateaux Mouches, which is the boat ride tour along the Seine river where you can see le Tour Eiffel, Notre Dame, etc.  Last night we had a walking tour of Montmartre, the oldest and most famous artist district in Paris.  It is one of the highest areas of the city and le Sacre Coeur (the Sacred Heart) is a beautiful white church at the top of the hill.  You get a gorgeous view from there!!

The carb overload here is deliciously unreal.  I can purchase a baguette sandwich with poulet crudités (grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, and sliced hard boiled egg) with an Orangina at the Cité café for less than 4 euros, which is a steal over here.  And just as everyone imagines, croissants make a delicious breakfast, but panne au chocolat is even better!  Its basically the same flaky bread of a croissant with bits of chocolate throughout.  I have yet to go to a boulangerie, which is the Parisian bakery, but rest assured that I will be blogging about it just to make your mouths water!

A little about the dorms: Obviously they don't care that it's a co-ed toilette because the toilet paper is PINK!  I have my own room with a large closet and sink, and most of the girls from my program live right on my floor.  The coolest part about the Cité Université is that there are dorms from countries all over the world!  It is absolutely gorgeous here, and I will definitely post pictures when I have time to roam the campus.


Cultural fact: No matter what anyone says, French men are beautiful.  And they have the best hair. And drive mopeds. 

Another fact: Nutella is God's gift to this earth. Combine that with banane et un crêpe and your life will be forever changed.


 Gorgeous view of le Tour near sunset.
 Some of the API girls on the Bataux Mouches.
 Le Sacre Coeur at night!
DELISH French meal: Wine, bread, and a jambon et fromage (ham and cheese) salad.
 Moi with my delicious crêpe!

No comments:

Post a Comment